1. Website use
- These terms and conditions govern the use of HomeStart's web site and are in addition to other terms and conditions applicable to HomeStart products
- By using this web site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Please note that HomeStart products are only available to South Australians in respect of property located in South Australia and as such this web site is to be governed by and construed in accordance with South Australian laws. This web site is not directed at people outside of South Australia and as such may not satisfy laws of areas outside of South Australia
- Information on this web site is subject to change without notice. HomeStart therefore recommends that you re-read this page from time to time
2. Legal entity
- Any reference to HomeStart on this web site means HomeStart Finance. HomeStart Finance is owned and operated by the Government of South Australia ("Government")
3. Loan Consultant
- HomeStart has appointed persons ("Loan Consultant") to act as agents of HomeStart to promote HomeStart and to receive loan applications
- Loan Consultants may receive commissions or fees from HomeStart in connection with the loans
- Clause 4 applies to HomeStart and its agents, officers and employees, Loan Consultants and sub-agents
4. Exclusion of liability
- The information contained on this web site is provided for general information purposes only. Use of the information and data contained on this web site is at your sole risk as the information and data on this web site is provided on an "As Is, As Available" basis without any warranty of any kind (subject to clause 4.2)
- HomeStart and the Government do not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 Cth) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of this clause 4 to be void
- HomeStart, the Government, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
- make no representations, either express or implied:
- regarding the accuracy and completeness of the information and data contained on this web site or linked to this web site;
- regarding the suitability of the information and data contained on or linked to this web site for any purpose;
- that HomeStart services or the results that may be obtained from use of this web site will be uninterrupted or error-free; and
- that the information and data contained on or linked to this web site is free of infection by computer viruses or any other form of contamination.
- will not be liable for:
- any use of the information or data contained on or linked to this web site or any reliance placed on it; and
- any loss (either direct or indirect) suffered as a result of use of this web site, even if it occurs as a result of the negligence of HomeStart, the Government, its agents, instrumentalities, officers or employees
5. Virus protection
- While HomeStart will take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability and security of this web site, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary software to protect your computer from viruses or other forms of contamination.
- The Government and its agencies and instrumentalities (including HomeStart) do not endorse or in any respect warrant products, services or representations by virtue of any information, material or content referred to or included on, any other web site that is linked from or to this web site.
7. Copyright and intellectual property
- This web site relates to the HomeStart business in South Australia only. HomeStart and its trade marks are not connected with any other business or trade marks which utilise or operate under the "HomeStart" name outside of South Australia
- Copyright subsists in the various forms of work and subject matter on and accessible from this web site
- Apart from fair dealing permitted by the Copyright Act, 1968, the Government grants visitors to this site a licence to download and display its copyright material for private and non-commercial purposes only
- For reproduction or use of the Government's copyright material beyond the limited licence described in Clause 7.2, permission must be sought from HomeStart. That permission, if given, will be subject to conditions that will include a requirement that the copyright owner’s name and interest in the material be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, either in whole or in part
- No permission to reproduce or use the Government's copyright material, other than that expressly stated in this clause 7, is to be implied by the availability of that material on this web site
8. Lending criteria
- Any application for a HomeStart loan is subject to the Lending Guidelines of HomeStart and may be approved or denied in HomeStart's absolute discretion. For an explanation of these guidelines please contact HomeStart or a Loan Consultant. Terms and conditions apply.
9. Fees and charges
- Fees and charges apply to all loans offered by HomeStart. For details of the fees and charges you may refer to the loan product information supplied on this web site. However, the fees and charges must be confirmed with a Loan Consultant or HomeStart.
10. Promotional disclaimer
- No promotion or advertising conducted by HomeStart can or will have any effect whatsoever on your loan application or possible resultant HomeStart loan
- The contents or any promotional pamphlet or other printed material you may have received in connection with your HomeStart loan application or printed from this web site do not form part of any loan contract you may enter into with HomeStart
- HomeStart Finance shall not be liable to you (or any third party) for any direct or indirect loss or damage related to the failure of the password to be kept confidential;
- HomeStart Finance accepts no liability for unauthorised access to your account, whether or not this access results from your failure to keep the password confidential; and
- As stated in the disclaimer on the HomeStart Finance Web Site, HomeStart Finance shall not be liable to you (or any third party) under any law for any direct or indirect loss or damage related to any information on the Secure Customer Web Site.
- By using the Secure Customer Web Site you agree to these conditions of use.
- If you are issued with a password for use on this web site you must treat your password as you would a personal identification number (PIN). Accordingly, you must:
- not let anyone know your password;
- not record your password on your computer; and
- if your password is lost, stolen or discovered, inform HomeStart as soon as possible.