A Home Equity Loan helps you access the equity in your home and is available to fund:
- House related expenses such as home improvements, repairs, maintenance and council and water rates.
- Non-house related expenses like a new motor vehicle, holiday, medical treatment or debt consolidation of credit cards or personal loans*. Any non-housing related expenses cannot exceed $20,000 in a single transaction.
*You can only have one debt consolidation transaction for the life of the loan up to $20,000.
Please note the following:
- To access more funds you must have equity in your home.
- You must provide current income and expenditure information.
- You need to be on a variable rate home loan with HomeStart.
- Fees do apply and depend on whether a new valuation is required.
Contact HomeStart to discuss your options and to apply for this loan.
Terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria, fees and charges apply.